MY PHOTO

MY PHOTO
I am the current writer of this blog

Friday, September 7, 2007

LUCOOM

I was reading one of Bill’s blogs on radio and he mentioned the use of cat’s whiskers in radios.

That made me mad. I was wet cat type of mad.

My thoughts were: Don’t people understand that God gave us those whiskers for a reason? I also couldn’t help but wonder if they pull them out by the roots or do they cut them off? There is that other animal they call “man’s best friend” and I call “animal’s biggest sellout”; they have whiskers why can’t they use them?

I let Bill know just how mad I was and to think he was trying to help more people to get involved in radio. I could just see more cats losing their whiskers.

Then Bill explained that a “cat’s whisker” was a small piece of wire usually springy or stiff. In the days of crystal radios, like a cat is suppose to know what a crystal radio is, they made “cat’s whiskers” out of safety pins (that was a device used to hold a diaper on a child who had not learned to use the sand box yet).

Why can’t you humans mean what you say and say what you mean? Why do you have to drag us cats into your metaphors? Like the one used to speak of driving a Caterpillar tractor, you humans call it “skinning a cat.” Baby tom cat did it ever make me cringe when I heard Bill talking to someone about when he used to “skin cats.”

I am thinking about starting a new organization. It will be called LUCOOM. Leave Us Cats Out Of Metaphors.

No comments: